- It’s starting to get chilly and what goes better with cold weather than warm coffee? Nothing, right?! So grab one of these Fall Books recommended by Mashable and start your autumn off with a hot brew and a steamy read.
- Coffee shops are a great place to get to know someone, but if your date isn’t as sweet as your pumpkin latte, try these tips on Surviving an Awkward Date, courtesy of College Crush.
- Spotting a cute classmate in the corner booth might make you a little nervous, but this season is all about reaching out to people who could wind up being Accidental Networking connections. So go ahead, introduce yourself! You might just get that job you’ve always wanted (and snag a date as well!).
- Finding a mentor can be difficult, especially for underclassmen. Next time you see that professor or staff member you’ve been dying to meet on campus, invite him or her to coffee and make sure to follow HackCollege.com‘s list of Tips on Finding a Mentor.
- Just in time for Halloween at the end of the month, here’s an insanely hilarious video from Huffington Post UK on a too-real coffee shop prank that had customers screaming profanities and running for their lives.
Ava Taylor is a recent graduate from the George Washington University Class of 2013 with a degree in Communication. She’s currently the Coordinator of Marketing Communications for the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and a NHL blogger for Sportsrants.com. To contact Ava, email firstname.lastname@example.org.