Have you ever dreamt of living abroad and gaining international work experience at the same time? Keep reading, this could be your first step! Besides boosting your CV, international internships also diversify your education.
They will expand your horizons and understanding of global business environments.
At Absolute Internship, we truly believe that our service of providing excellent and meaningful internships abroad will help our students and we want everyone to have the opportunity of getting a head-start in their professional career.
Our award-winning international internship programs give hundreds of go-getters the chance to chase their dreams every year. We began our scholarship initiative to ensure that the most talented and driven students and graduates are provided with an opportunity to thrive, regardless of their financial situation.
Top 3 Internship Abroad Scholarships:
- Absolute Internship Award
Absolute Internship is opening applications for the Absolute NSCS Awards 2020! The scholarships are worth $750 and will be awarded to the NSCS applicants who show the greatest potential, drive and enthusiasm to live and work abroad as one of Absolute Internship’s 2020 interns.
If you’re not selected for the scholarship, don’t worry! Every NSCS member automatically gets a $100 discount from the Absolute Internship program fee.
To be considered for the Absolute NSCS Award, here’s what you need to do:
Before January 13th:
- Apply now with the promo code NSCS750
- Send a 1-minute video to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why YOU should be awarded this scholarship, including your reasons for wanting to intern abroad and what are you looking forward to the most.
By January 29th, you’ll need to:
- Enroll and pay the 500 EUR deposit. This is required in order to be considered for the scholarship.
The winner will be announced on January 22nd!
- Gilman-McCain Scholarship
The U.S. Department of State’s Gilman-McCain Scholarship provides awards of $5,000 for child dependents of active duty service members to study or intern abroad on credit-bearing programs.
- Degree Level: Undergraduate student in good academic standing
- Award: $5,000
- Requirements: Dependent child of an active duty military member(s) during the time of application in one of the following branches: Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Coast Guards
October 1, 2019: For overseas programs that start December 2019-October 2020
March 3, 2020: For overseas programs that start May 2020-April 2021
- Apply here
- Scholarship alternative: Crowdfunding
If none of these intern abroad scholarships seem to fit, there is always FundMyTravel.
This site gives travelers their own platform to raise money. The idea for this initiative stems from a common problem: lacking financial means to study, work or volunteer abroad.
FundMyTravel focuses solely on travel costs. They make it easy to budget for your trip, incentivize donors to contribute, and even request offline support!
Be creative and kickstart your own campaign!
A few more tips:
- Introduce yourself with a video application
- Answer questions such as: What do you expect from this internship? How will interning abroad help you in your future career? What are you looking forward to the most?
- Adapt the application to your industry!
- Work on a motivational cover letter
- Prioritize local scholarships, open to smaller groups of students
- Get personal and keep it original to stand out from the massive pool of applicants
- Use your University Career Services and advisors as much as you can!
Scholarships to help you intern abroad are out there!
We hope this information was helpful and has sparked your interest, as well as your motivation to go on your next professional adventure.
Your summer with Absolute Internship is awaiting you!
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) is an honors organization, boasting 320 plus chapter nationwide, that recognizes high-achieving first-and second-year students. With its three pillars of scholarship, leadership, and service, NSCS is proud to provide career and graduate school connections, leadership and service experiences, practical and skills-based content, access to discounts and savings, and over a million dollars in scholarships, chapter funds and awards annually. To learn more about joining the NSCS honors society, visit us at http://www.nscs.org/join.
See other NSCS Scholar Reviews
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) is an ACHS accredited, legitimate, 501c3 registered non-profit organization with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.