The Study Break: A Weekly List of Our Favorite Distractions
- Partly because physical humor is just about the best thing on the planet, and partly because they made a Mortal Combat reference in #10: 14 People Who Don’t Know How to Treadmill from Mashable
- You’ve all heard it, if not experienced it: “I just got back from study abroad and now I want to live there!” Well, USA Today College heard it too: 4 Ways to Turn Study Abroad into Living Abroad
- Sports analogies are ubiquitous among the pieces of advice given by business professionals about, well, business. Under30CEO mixes it up a bit by avoiding the usual football and baseball references by giving us 5 Lessons Entrepreneurs Can Learn from the CrossFit Games. Sadly, this doesn’t include any lessons on making sure that chalk doesn’t start to somehow follow you home and show up EVERYWHERE.
- 4 Signs Your Internship Might Not Be the Best by Intern Queen gives the skinny on some of what you should (and should not) be experiencing at your internship. Quality matters, so make sure you get the most out of it!
- For tips on tipping – yes, I’m just that clever – read The Campus Socialite‘s 5 Myths About Tipping.
Kaia Tack is a junior at Georgetown University majoring in Marketing at the McDonough School of Business. Upon graduating early in December 2014, she aims to begin a career in public relations or brand management. She currently works as a Marketing Communications intern for the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and is also an Xtend Barre fitness instructor. To contact Kaia, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.