Big news! NSCS is proud to announce that it has appointed six members to the National Leadership Council (NLC).
So, what does this mean and why should you care?
The NLC is an advisory board made up of NSCS members that advises the NSCS national staff and board of directors. The Council also collects feedback from their campuses to improve the NSCS experience for all members.
That means that NSCS members just like you are actively participating and creating change in the organization. And since NSCS is an organization of the members, by the members, and for the members (yes, that was an Abraham Lincoln reference), we think it only makes sense for us to hear our members’ voices at the highest levels of the organization.
NLC members are chosen based on their dedication, service, and commitment to NSCS. Serving on this prestigious advisory board gives each member valuable experience working with a national organization and an incredible chance to contribute to the success of NSCS.
Congratulations to our 2016-2017 board:
- Gabriel Lerner, University of Michigan – Class of 2018
- Raquel Baudrit, American University College – Class of 2018
- Abigail Cotton, University of West Georgia – Class of 2017
- Valentina Dertlieva, Miami Dade College – Class of 2017
- Ali Zamora, Arizona State University – Class of 2018
- Ashley Le-Pham, California State University, Fullerton – Class of 2016