The Study Break: A Weekly List of our Favorite Distractions
- College move-in is right around the corner! Learn more about “Dorm Room Decorating on a Budget” to spruce up your living space. Hack College has you covered from do-it-yourself decorating ideas to free things (yes, free!).
- Right after move-in, the semester will begin. Get ahead of the game and get “Organized for the Fall Semester” now. NSCS wishes you luck during the fall semester!
- Interning abroad does not just have to be a dream. There are many ways to have a beyond abroad experience and build your professional career out of the country! USA Today has “tips for successfully interning” here.
- There are many things to do on a regular basis and applying to scholarships is one of them! USA Today gives you “5 recurring scholarships” that can help you pay for your college finances. Happy applying!
- Get ready for the semester by making the pledge to eat right! Under30CEO has “10 Nutrition-Packed Snacks to Fuel Your Body and Mind” that will help you stay healthy. Plus, as scholars you know how important it is to keep your brain going.
Stephanie Holloman is currently a journalism major concentrating in public relations at Howard University. She works as a Marketing and Communications Intern for the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. She hopes to work in various areas of communications and public relations upon graduating in May 2015. Contact her at email@example.com for more information.